Sunday 2 September 2012

Why I am doing this.


I am in the process of healing from a painful past. While I'm not yet healed, I am making my way along the path to emotional health.

 There are times on this journey of self discovery that I lose my way, take a wrong turn, or fall down and tumble backwards. Eventually though, I always find my way again and keep going.

I have had many helpers along the way, giving me guidance and encouragement. Without them I would be completely lost, probably somewhere at the bottom of a rocky mountain, under a pile of rubble.

These guides have come in many forms; councillors, online friends, authors, and more recently real life friends. They each have helped me in a variety of ways. Sometimes helping me see the right path to take, or holding my hand to keep me steady as I travel over rough terrain. Other times singing happy tunes to lift my spirits, or sitting with me and holding my hand when I feel unable to go on.

I have decided to record my progress on the rest of this journey, in the hope that one day my words might help others on a similar path. I like to think maybe I could do for someone else what many have done for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment