Monday 3 September 2012

PTSD and depression

I have post traumatic stress disorder and depression.

That does NOT mean I am weak, or that I am always miserable, and not worth knowing.

What it means is that traumatic events happened in my childhood that still have an affect on me in the present. I have days where I relive elements of the trauma, and and on those days I find it very hard to be a happy and sociable person. I have low self esteem issues and a critical inner voice that I sometimes find hard to ignore.

I am still a good person. I am kind and caring, and I love to laugh and have fun. I am strong; despite my past I am still here. I have a job. I have a husband and son that I love very much, and who love me back. I have friends who see past my hard outer shell and believe in me. I am lucky.




No comments:

Post a Comment